The world is always changing, so your map should change with it.
With Subaru’s Map Update Program, Eligible Vehicles1 will receive up to 3 Years of complimentary map updates2 during the program term.
Map updates may include:
* Major road/infrastructure additions & enhancements
* Point of Interest enhancements
* Point Addressing enhancements
* Extended Lanes enhancements
If your new Subaru is fitted with a factory line fit navigation system1 it will automatically be covered by Subaru’s Map Update Program3.
Owner’s of Eligible Vehicles1 containing a Gen2.1 satellite navigation unit2 must attend their preferred authorised Subaru Service Centre during the Program Period to have their maps updated. During this time, the map update will be conducted free of charge.
Owner’s of Eligible Vehicles1 containing a Gen3 or Gen3.1 satellite navigation unit.2 may carry out their map updates at home via WiFi4, or at their preferred authorised Subaru Service Centre.
To purchase a map update for a Subaru vehicle outside of the Subaru Map Update Program, please click here.
1. Subaru’s Map Update Program is available on the following Subaru Vehicles: a) MY20 Subaru WRX, WRX STI, Levorg and BRZ purchased from 31st July 2019 and MY19 Subaru Forester, Impreza, XV, BRZ, Levorg, WRX and WRX STI models purchased from 30th July 2018 with the factory line fit Gen 3.1 audio/navigation unit. b) MY17 Impreza vehicles purchased from 21st October 2016 and MY18 XV, Impreza, BRZ, Liberty and Outback vehicles purchased from 22nd May 2017 with the factory line fit Gen3 audio/navigation unit. c) MY18 Subaru Levorg, WRX and WRX STI purchased from 24th July 2017, MY17 Subaru Forester, Levorg, Liberty, Outback, WRX, WRX STI and XV models purchased from 1st July 2016 onwards and MY16 Subaru Forester, Impreza, Liberty, Outback and XV models purchased from 1st December 2015 onwards fitted with the factory line fit Gen2.1 audio/navigation unit. Subaru’s Map Update Program is not available on accessory fit or dealer sourced navigation units. Subaru Australia reserves the right to add and remove eligible vehicles at its discretion.
3. The Subaru Map Update Program Period commences on the earlier of the date when the map subject to the Latest Map Guarantee is installed, or when the vehicle navigation unit is turned on, the GPS is located, and the vehicle is driven at least 20 kilometres from the initial/first GPS location fix position. The complimentary map updates are subject to availability of the latest maps provided by Here Maps or Harman, whichever is applicable to your Subaru vehicle. The subscription term for the 3 Year Map Update Program is 38 months from the commencement date.
4. Map Update downloads require internet access and specified software which is the responsibility of the owner. To download a Map Update you must set up an account with HIII and follow the instructions set out in the on-line User Manual which can be found at: https://subaru-maps.com/#/usermanual. HIII is an unrelated company to Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited.