New Vehicle Warranty
New Vehicle Warranty
Here you'll find key information surrounding your New Car Warranty. For full Terms and Conditions refer to the Warranty and Service Handbook which also comes with all New All-Wheel Drive Subaru vehicles. If you own a Subaru BRZ, please refer to the Subaru BRZ Warranty and Service Handbook which can also be found in the glove box of your Subaru BRZ. If further clarification is needed, please contact our Customer Relations Team.
Important: The information provided below is a summary of the Subaru New Vehicle Warranty that comes with all New Subaru vehicles imported into Australia by Subaru (Aust) Pty Ltd. For full terms and conditions refer to the Warranty and Service handbook that comes with all New Subaru vehicles.
Whether you're off the beaten track or cruising the open highway, you can rest assured knowing that your Subaru is covered by a three year unlimited kilometre warranty. Here are the need to knows about what's covered during your warranty period (including some of the terms and conditions).
Your Subaru Warranty – 3 years, Unlimited Kilometres
- Subject to the terms set out below, Subaru Australia warrants that if any part of the vehicle is found to be defective in factory materials or workmanship within the stated warranty period, it will be repaired, replaced or adjusted by any authorised Subaru Retailer free of charge to the customer.
- Your Subaru New Vehicle Warranty commences on the date of either the first supply, delivery or registration of the vehicle, whichever comes first.
The Subaru New Vehicle Warranty does not cover Subaru vehicles acquired at auction or imported into Australia other than by Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited. There are some exceptions given to government vehicles.
Where to get Subaru Warranty Repairs
All authorised Subaru Retailers will honour your Subaru New Vehicle Warranty. Free of charge, they will repair, replace or adjust any part of the vehicle that is defective.
Please note that Subaru Australia is unable to reimburse the cost of warranty repairs carried out during the warranty period by a repairer other than an authorised Subaru Retailer, except where express prior approval for those repairs has been obtained.
Transferring your Warranty to a New Owner
The New Vehicle Warranty is provided with the vehicle and is transferable from owner to owner. The warranty is only applicable in Australia and is not transferable to other countries, as no reciprocal world wide warranty is provided. However, when an owner wishes to export a vehicle to another country, where possible Subaru Australia will endeavour to make special arrangements on behalf of the owner.
Taxis, Driving School, or Rental Vehicles
For Subaru vehicles used primarily as taxis or hire, rental or driving school vehicles, the warranty period is 3 years or 100,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first. If the odometer reading for such vehicle has been altered and it is not possible to determine with certainty whether the vehicle has travelled in excess of 100,000 kilometres, the warranty period is deemed to have expired.
What's Not Covered
We care about you – and your Subaru! However, it’s important that we tell you about the minor exclusions of your New Vehicle Warranty.
Repairs, replacements and adjustments under the Subaru New Vehicle Warranty are not available for the following:
- Ordinary wear and tear.
- Wear and tear caused by use of the vehicle for a purpose, or under road or climatic conditions other than for which it was designed, including racing, rallying, speed trials, hill climbing or similar activities and competitive events.
- Driver negligence, misuse or abuse - e.g. tampering, disconnection, loading or towing beyond the manufacturer's specifications, or continuing to drive the vehicle after loss of fluids, lubricants, oils, coolants, refrigerants or water.
- Accidents, impacts, fire, theft, illegal use or malicious damage by a third person.
- Modifications or alterations, which have not been approved by the manufacturer, or the installation or use of non-genuine parts, accessories, equipment, assemblies or components.
- A failure to have the vehicle serviced in strict accordance with the manufacturer's specifications and recommendations, or a failure to have the vehicle repaired promptly in accordance with such recommendations following an accident or other damage, or after a defect becomes known or is suspected.
- Use of non-recommended, inappropriate or dirty fuel, oil, fluids, lubricants, coolants, refrigerants or water.
- Any work carried out on the vehicle by a person other than an authorised Subaru service outlet.
- A failure to maintain the vehicle, including its body trim and paintwork, in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations, or the use of unsuitable agents.
- Environmental conditions including acid rain, industrial fall-out, salt, sand, stones, tree sap, bark or leaves, bird, animal or insect droppings or other damage, windstorm, hail, flood, lightening, or other acts of God.
The Subaru New Vehicle Warranty applies in addition to the guarantees, rights and remedies conferred by the Australian Consumer Law and other applicable Commonwealth, State and Territory legislation. The Subaru New Vehicle Warranty does not exclude, affect or limit those guarantees, rights or remedies, except to the extent that their application may lawfully be excluded or limited.
In particular, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure
Subaru vehicles are certified to all relevant Australian Design Rules (ADR) in force at the time of certification. It is illegal to fit a replacement part or accessory, which does not allow the vehicle to continue to comply with the requirements of the Australian Design Rules.
In servicing the vehicle, the use of genuine and approved parts and accessories will help ensure that the original vehicle specification and quality is maintained and that the vehicle continues to comply with certification requirements and government regulations relating to vehicle safety and environmental controls.
Find out more information about Genuine Subaru Parts and Accessories warranties: